- 1. What is the admission procedure?
How to Apply
• Application Form and Brochure for Indian Nationals can be had on release of Notification in Employment News and in leading News papers by National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Noida during Dec/Jan for the ensuing academic year.
• JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION DETAILS FOR JEE 2012-13 CLICK THE LINK www.nchmct.org.
Application Form Details
Admission form for JEE can be downloaded from the website www.nchmct.org or purchased over the counter from the nearest Institute of Hotel Management.
Cost of form: Rs. 900/- (for General candidates)
Rs. 450/- (for SC/ST candidates)
Last date for submission of forms to NOIDA office: 13th April 2012.
Date of Joint Entrance Exams (JEE): 28th April 2012.
- 2. What is the minimum qualification for admission?
Applicants are required to successfully complete in the examination of 10+2 system of Senior Secondary education or its equivalent with English as one of the compulsory subjects. Those appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear in Joint Entrance Examination -- 2012 on provisional basis. Provisional admissions will stand cancelled if proof of having successfully completed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted at the time of counseling or at the time of admission. Admissions will be subject to verification of facts from the original certificates/ documents to be produced by the candidates at the time of Counseling and at the time of admission in the Institute. Even after admission to an Institute, if an applicant is at a later date found ineligible on account of having submitted false information or testimonials or for having suppressed any material information, his/her admission will be cancelled and the fee paid will also be forfeited. Decision of National Council in this regard shall be final.
- 1. What are the career opportunities for the students of IHMCT?
With the increasing globalization, career opportunities in this field are not only limited within the country. Large hotel chains which operate internationally provide scope of a career abroad. With the growth of the hotel industry being propelled by foreign and domestic tourism and business travel, the demand for well trained quality personnel too has grown significantly; as a result graduates can look forward to career opportunities as:
• Management Trainee in a Hotel and associated hospitality industry.
• Kitchen / Housekeeping Management positions in Hotels after initial period as Trainee.
• Flight Kitchens and on-board flight services are also offered as career opportunities.
• Guest/ Customer Relation Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors.
• Management Trainee / Executive in international and national fast food chains.
• Opportunities in Hospitals and Institutional Catering.
• Faculty in Hotel Management/ Food Craft Institutes. (after requisite work experience).
• Opportunities in Shipping and Cruise liners.
• Marketing / Sales Executive in Hotel and other Service industry.
• Opportunities in State Tourism Development Corporations.
• Opportunities in Resort Management.
• Self employment through entrepreneurship.
• Opportunities available in multinational companies for their hospitality services.
- 2. What is the placement record?
On national level about 80% graduates are employed by Hospitality and other service sectors through on-campus and off-campus recruitment processes. Student also under go as trainee in various professional Hospitality sectors.